Want to travel?
We know that trips will not be for now. So why not to travel thanks to the kitchen! When I went to Brazil in addition to the landscapes, I fell in love with Brazilian cuisine. And this is were I discover there famous carrot cake. This is a must there and this cake will comfort you and make you travel without leaving your home. 🙂
Normally this cake is served with a brigadeiro ganache. A ganache with the taste of the national delicacy of Brazil. I find it really too sweet, so I opted for a classic ganache.
If you are interested in the brigadeiro ganache recipe, I put it below!
The oil: I advise you to take vegetable oil which is a fairly neutral oil, and which will have no aftertaste. I do not recommend canola oil because it makes the cake taste like fried stuff.
You will need a blender to make this cake. Indeed, all the ingredients except the flour are mixed together.
The brigadeiro ganache recipe
- A box of condensed milk
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tbsp of butter (about 15g)
- 250 ml (1 cup) of liquid cream
- 100 g (3.5 oz) chocolate
Put everything in a saucepan and stir until combined. Simmer until the mixture thickens.
For the cake
- 225 ml oil
- 250 g sugar
- 350 g carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 400 g all-purpose flour
- 250 ml heavy cream (minimum 35%)
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 15 g butter
- 200 g chocolate
- Preheat the oven at 180°C /350°F
- Cut into pieces the carrots and put them in a blender. Add the oil, eggs, and sugar and blend on full power.
- Once everything is well mixed, transfer to a bowl then incorporate the flour with a whisk or a spatula.
- Place the preparation in a buttered and floured mold.
- Cook 40 minutes at 180°C /350°F
- Heat the cream and the sugar.
- As soon as it boils, add the chocolate and mix well so that everything is homogeneous.
- Incorporate the butter.
- Once the cake cools, pour the ganache over it.
Cups & oz
225 ml oil = 3/4 cup + 3tbsp = 8 floz
250 g sugar = 1 1/4 cup = 8.8 oz
350 g carrots = 12.3 oz
400 g all-purpose flour = 3 cups = 14 oz
250 ml heavy cream = 1 cup = 8.8 floz
15 g butter = 0.5 oz
200 g chocolate = 7 oz