One of this desires …
Do you ever get in the middle of the day, craving for cookies and having nothing in the cupboard? In the past few months, I have hardly bought cakes from grocery stores. I have noticed that often in a cookie there are many more ingredients than it should contain.
So I decided to buy less industrial cookies and cakes. But I am not perfect! I still crack up a few times 🙂
About the recipe
Here, I offer you a recipe for gianduja cookies, a chocolate and hazelnut paste with a very pronounced taste. I still added milk chocolate to it. I find that, alone in the cookies quickly becomes a little heavy. For your information, I found mine at a private Andréa Jourdan sale. But I’m sure you can find it easily in the Little Italy.
- 150 g sugar
- 160 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 260 g all-purpose flour
- 80 g gianduja
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/350°F.
- Roughly cut the gianduja and set aside.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix the butter and sugar until the sugar is completely incorporated. It will be the color of liquid caramel.
- Add the egg and the egg yolk lightly beaten, vanilla, then the flour in 2 batches.
- Once everything is well incorporated, add the gianduja and the milk chocolate. Leave the cookie dough to rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place the cookie dough well spaced between them on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Cups & oz
150 g sugar = 3/4 cup = 5.3 oz
160 g butter = 5.6 oz
260 g flour = 1 3/4 cup = 9.2 oz
80 g gianduja = 2.8 oz
100 g = 3.5 oz